Friday, September 2, 2011

Honeymoon Day 1

We have boarded the plane and we are headed to Cabo!

The feeling I have is really hard to explain.  I am beyond excitement! Words can't express how Evan and I are both feeling.  

Today started off with a short nights rest. We headed to bed around 11, and our goal was 8.  Woke up around 3 a.m. unable to sleep due to pure excitement. I could tell Ev wasn't sleeping either.  He moved every time I moved, and he never moves. Never. It takes me sticking a finger up his toosh to get him to wake up during the middle of the night. Everyone else on this earth that has slept near me has experienced my sleep talking, walking,and introducing others throughout the night. Evan has not. That is how hard he sleeps. It makes me so happy to know that he couldn't sleep because he just can't wait to go on our honeymoon. He is having no trouble whatsoever sleeping on the plane though.

We left the house around 4:15 a.m. and headed to Quick Trip so Ev could get his coffee and a apple fritter...let the vacation diet begin! I also had him pick up some Pepto tablets for Mexico. Doesn't hurt to coat our stomachs before we indulge in tacos, guacamole, salsa, tamales, seafood, dessert, oh...and beer and margaritas!  Evan is a little concerned after I told him that the Bismuth in Pepto Bismol will turn your tongue and poop black (http://www.pepto-bismol.com/pepto-bismol-faq.php). I told him this after he took his first couple tablets. I have caught him checking his tongue ever since. Not sure about the poop.
The airport was a mess. I tried to be a good, proactive wife (yep, I said wife) and call the airport yesterday to check on what time we should be at the airport for a 6 a.m. flight. She said as long as we are starting to check in by 5 a.m., we should be golden. We weren't expecting a shift change at the Parking Spot and having to wait outside our car for 15 minutes. We walk into the airport at 5:10. I'm a little nervous. We walk around the corner, and there are about 50 people in line. Evan goes on a hunt to see if he can find someone that can tell us if we are going to make it in time. She called all passengers flying to Phoenix into a separate line. Thank you, Evan!!!

Now I am on the plane, watching Evan sleep and considering to start a blog. But I think I will start with journaling our Honeymoon.

At our rehearsal dinner, Curt (father-in-law) mentioned the date May 28th. He wants a grandchild that day. I have told Curt many times that we are going to wait a couple years. Breaks his heart every time. I am sitting across the aisle from the biggest little turd I have ever seen. He is probably 3 years old, red hair, and a cute little face. But that is it...he is the biggest brat I have ever witnessed. I have never wanted to discipline someone else's child, but now that Evan is asleep, I am definitely considering it. His favorite word is no, and his dad tells him to do something and doesn't follow through. It is driving me up the wall. His father will say, "Stop it. Sit down. Sit down. Sit down.". And what does he let him do? Stand up on the seats, walk around the aisle, kick him, scream, and just whine. I have been trying to make eye contact with the kid for about an hour now. I can't decide if I am just going to stare at him? Or point my finger and mouth, NO!!! To top it all off, his dad has announced to the entire plane that the little twerp has twos older brothers andhe can't discipline them because he isn't their father. So he thinks that this kid has an excuse to be a complete ...... Fart!! That is the nicest word I can use right now. I am sorry Curt, but you will not have a grandbaby anytime soon.

Well, that is all for now. I am going to play around on my new iPad that Ev got me for our wedding. He is the best!

We are landing in Phoenix and then heading to Cabo and should land around Noon!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment