Sunday, September 4, 2011

Honeymoon Day 2

I woke up today at the butt crack of dawn. It was dark outside. I felt like an old lady that wakes up in the middle of the night and can't fall back asleep. I played on the iPad while Ev slept. He woke up feeling refreshed and so much better than yesterday.  One thing we love about Cabo is that we can walk anywhere. The marina and downtown are just a few minutes away. We walked to breakfast this morning at Mama's Royal Cafe. It was really good! I had scrambled eggs that had avocado, cheese, and bacon mixed in. Evan had a traditional style of huevos rancheros with chorizo. After breakfast we went to City Club. It is only a few blocks away from our hotel and they have everything you need...minus peanut butter (not falling for that Nutella stuff again) and cheap glasses with no prescription lenses. Evans allergies are much better but he feels so much better when he has eye protection on. Sunglasses work for the majority of the day.

I picked up daddio a present at City Club today. I know he loves his Hacienda tequila. And they don't sell it in the US. So I picked ya up some Pa! Like I mentioned before, the city club is only 3 blocks. This turned into what felt like a mile...due to the heat and the fact we bought a case of bottled water, two bottles of tequila, wine, whiskey, and margarita mix by the time we got back to our hotel I literally had sweat running down my forehead. That was a first for me.  

 We got back to the hotel, bags upon bags of "outside" food in hand. Needless to say the timeshare salesman weren't too happy that we weren't headed to one of their "free" buffets... Ev and I snacked on our semi melted but completely  delicious doughnuts, holy crap have we been missing out.  We shoved our sweaty bloated rears into swim suits, lathered on the 30 and headed for the pool. It was b-e-a-utiful out today! Shining sun, 85 degrees, pepper in some sparse clouds and we were in business. We grabbed a spot on the comfiest lounges we've ever laid on. Awesome wicker chaise lounges with big comfortable padding, they were great and felt pretty much like laying in a bed. We sat there for a bit in the sun, I ordered a maitai and Ev got a pacifico. We were in and out the the water all afternoon and "maybe just a drink or two by the pool" turned into a liquid lunch with all the new friends we'd made pool side.  Around 4, we headed up to our room and ended up taking a 3 hour nap. It was amazing. We woke up around 8, and went to turn in the shower. For some reason the water wouldn't get hot. So I called the front desk to let them know...we both skipped showering, but we all know me, I didn't mind! Haha :) a really sweet man knocks on our door to check it out. H asked us what the problem was, in Spanish of course. I used to try and explain myself and try to talk in Spanish. Now, if I say it once, and they go, "eh?" I just look at Evan and he works his Latino magic. So our little friend, who can't speak English very well heads to our shower to fix it. He turns the water on, looks and Ev, and in this innocent voice says, "hot?" So Ev tests the water, and sure enough, it was hot! We were already dressed, so we stuck with our pool shower. Some people think I am gross when I say, "I don't need to shower, I was in the pool all day?" To prove my point, I have attached a link that proves the pool being a perfectly good shower. Well, not really. I refused to search any longer on google, is a swimming pool as good as taking a shower?

Can the swimming pool replace a shower? http://travellingtwo.com/resources/keepingclean

We went to dinner at La Dolce. It was amazing!!! We heard great things from friends and we were in the mood for some Italian. Ev got the special (seafood pasta: catch of the day which was Mahi Mahi...in Kansas they say catch of the day too, but I think they mean, catch of last week. Here, that Mahi Mahi fish was swimming around this morning. The pasta also had shrimp, calamari, capers, veggies, and was in a white wine light cream sauce. Amazing).  I heard their fire grilled pizzas were great so I went with a simple pepperoni pizza...and it beats any pizza I have ever had. It is up there with the Cajun pizza from Old Shawnee Pizza, but still better.  We met the NICEST couple at dinner. She was one of those people that you can't quit looking at because she is so unique and just pretty!  They were both in their mid to late sixties...that was our guess anyways because they have kids in their forties. You would have never guessed their age though. They were both so tan so our first question was if they were locals. Sure enough, those lucky dogs (not at all dogs because they were really pretty) live here!!! They used to come down for long stays, but officially 2 months ago, they moved here for good! They absolutely love it. She said the people here are so genuine and just nice. They are retired and are from LA. She worked in Accounting and he worked at a car dealership. They rent their house out, put a lot in storage, and moved into a condo here with their 20 suitcases...which Janet mentioned was all clothes...and some linens. We got a kick out of names. Their names are Ed and Janet, which sound very similar to Ev and Janna? Right? Anyways, get this. I said,"So tell me, what is a typical day for you here?" She said that they get up, have breakfast. Usually fruit with yogurt. They clean up their furnished condo (this consists of keeping up to bathrooms, a kitchen, and sweeping their tile floors...not bad). Then they will head down to Solomon's Landing or another local restaurant and have a light lunch. Then they go to the ocean all day. All day. Rough life huh?  Then they head home (walk, because you can walk everywhere).  Then around 8:30, they head to dinner. She said they eat out every single dinner. And they love it! My next question was, if you eat out every night, how do you stay so skinny? She said the heat here really diminishes your appetite. Haven't really noticed that yet? Haha:) We loved meeting them because they were such nice people and they gave us amazing recommendations for dinners and things to do!

 We walked home from dinner and Cabo was paaarrrrtaying! It was really fun to see. A block over from our hotel is this cute cul-de-sac at the bottom of a very steep hill. It's adorable. There are about 4 little beach bars that were hoppin!  Ev and I decided to walk on the beach instead of climbing that enormous hill. The water was gorgeous. Perfect temperature, sparkly. We rinsed our feet off and headed up go our room to enjoy some time o. Ur patio the pool is so pretty at night. There are these tiny twinkle lights random,y placed n the bottom of the pool so it looks like the stars from the sky are twinkling and reflecting in the pool. Beautiful.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment